These large rodents have healthy appetites, so beware if you have an outdoor garden or crops. Mostly, they are avid burrowers, so they can cause problems to your home's structure and foundation. They can also cause injury to anyone who has the misfortune of stepping into one of these burrows. Critter Control of San Jose is here to help! Our professional technicians are highly knowledgable in woodchuck problems and will make sure they don't come back.
Getting Rid of Woodchucks (Groundhog)
Woodchucks (aka Groundhogs) are able to cause a significant amount of damage to anyone's yard due to their burrows they dig. Once you start noticing burrows in your yard, it means that the woodchucks are not far away. Call Critter Control of San Jose right away; our technicians are experienced and ready to help. Some of the techniques we will use to remove and make sure the animals are not able to come back are:
- Wire mesh fences can be used to effectively keep groundhogs away from gardens and lawns.
- Fences should be buried at least a foot underground and have outward-facing overhangs at the top to prevent the animals from burrowing underneath or climbing over.
- In some cases, it may become necessary to run the electrified wire around the perimeter of fences.
- Habitat Modification
- Live Humane Traps
Common Woodchuck Problems
- Severe damage to farms, gardens, and vegetation
- Tunneling under lawns and landscapes
- Burrowing activities wreak havoc on building foundations, roads, driveways, lawns, and embankments.
- Attacks against humans are incredibly rare but can occur. They must be treated as an indication that the animal is rabid
- Farm equipment and livestock can also become damaged or injured by obscured burrow holes
Groundhog burrows have multiple entrances and exits, so it can be difficult to pinpoint exactly where to put traps. That is why it should be left to trained professionals. Although woodchucks do not actively attack humans, they may scratch or bite when cornered or threatened, and residents should never attempt to handle the animals.
Critter Control wildlife experts are trained to safely deal with nuisance groundhogs and fully equipped to handle trapping, removal, and control operations within the confines of the law.
We can help you get rid of woodchuck problems. Call today: (408) 915-2172Request a Quote