Roof rat identification
Roof rats were likely brought to North America accidentally by early shippers and traders. They are present across the world, but they thrive in warmer areas where the closeness of the ocean helps to keep the climate mild. Roof rats in the United States are usually concentrated around the West Coast, the Southeast, and the Hawaiian Islands.
Common Roof Rat Damages
- Contaminating and further damaging human food.
- Known carriers of dangerous diseases and germs.
- Attics and rooftops are also damaged by rats due to their constant gnawing.
- Destruction of ductwork, drywall, and insulation with their waste.
- Roofing damage can include soffits, fascia boards, and shingles.
San Jose Rat Control
If you've seen any indication of roof rats inside your home, it's time to call Critter Control. Like most rodents, roof rat populations multiply exponentially, so it's important to remove them quickly and thoroughly to decrease the chances of extensive damage to your home. Critter Control of San Jose's trained professionals have the cutting-edge tools and know-how to get rid of your roof rat issues. After we remove the pests, we can restore your home to its original pre-animal condition.
Call us today for help with any of your rat-related problems. 408.915.2172Request a Quote