Roof rats were likely brought to North America accidentally by early shippers and traders. They are present across the world, but they thrive in warmer areas where the closeness of the ocean helps to keep the climate mild. Roof rats in the United States are usually concentrated around the West Coast, the Southeast, and the Hawaiian Islands. Call Critter Control of San Jose for roof rat control. 408.915.2172
Removal Of Roof Rats
The most effective way to keep unwanted roof rats away from private property is to maintain clean and sanitary homes.
- Dispose of loose food, secure garbage bins with tightly sealed lids, and remove outdoor pet food to discourage rats from foraging in and around homes.
- Eliminating potential nesting sites and points of entry also reduce the possibility of infestation.
- Trim overgrown shrubbery, cut vines off fences, and maintain tree limbs so that none hang over homes providing easy access to rooftops and attics.
Common Roof Rat Damages
Dealing with a roof rat infestation can be an overwhelming situation. Animals like roof rats are known to cause significant damage to homes and supplies of food. Roof rats can be found in dark and isolated spaces like attics and vacant lofts. Roof rats frequently get into homes and gardens to find cover and food.
- Contaminating and further damaging human food.
- Known carriers of dangerous diseases and germs.
- Attics and rooftops are also damaged by rats due to their constant gnawing.
- Destruction of ductwork, drywall, and insulation with their waste.
- Roofing damage can include soffits, fascia boards, and shingles.
San Jose Rat Control
If you've seen any indication of roof rats inside your home, it's time to call Critter Control. Like most rodents, roof rat populations multiply exponentially, so it's important to remove them quickly and thoroughly to decrease the chances of extensive damage to your home. Critter Control of San Jose's trained professionals has the cutting-edge tools and know-how to get rid of your roof rat issues. After we remove the pests, we can restore your home to its original pre-animal condition.
Call us today for help with any of your rat-related problems. 408.915.2172Request a Quote